Join now - be part of our community!

Attempting to have a VAIO 15A Flip refunded

Jer419
Explorer

Attempting to have a VAIO 15A Flip refunded

Hello,

I'm posting here to here peoples advice and thoughts on my situation.

At the end of last year I ordered a VAIO 15A Flip and was happy with it. However after I went back to work and started properly using it I noticed that it suffers a performance decrease after 20mins - 1 hour of playing only moderately demanding games or imaging applications. This confused me, as anything I ran on it was well below it's system spec.

I contacted Sony and they took me through all the usual laborious steps to no avail, complicated by the fact that I work offshore. By the time I returned home I had managed an OS reinstall to no avail and they had agreed to bring it in for repairs.

They did so, changing the SSD to no avail, and after another round of trouble shooting they again took it back. Each time I had provided instructions on how to replicate the problem, the first time they seemed to ignore it. On this occasion I asked that the laptop be tested and that I e contacted before it was shipped back to verify the issue was fixed. However on the 8th of April they shipped it back without informing me of any issue found or even that they would ship it back. I only found out three days later when inquiring as to its status.

By that time I had already returned offshore and a friend picked it up for me. However on opeing the box he discovered two large cracks across the screen and that the touch pad kept clicking by itself in the middle of the screen. The box looked undamaged.

I've requested a refund from Sony multiple times nad have completely run out of patience. Not only am I now unable to test the laptop to see if they managed to fix the problem, it is now physically scarred as well.

Does anyone have any advice for me, or been in a similiar situation?

Many thanks,

Jeremy

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi Jer419 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Sorry you've had a hard time trying to get your laptop sorted.

I have escalated this for you so hopefully someone should be in contact with you in the not too distant future.

sgdavies

Edited to remove an insult to Sony staff.

Hi Jeremy,

My advice to you, is stop talking to them, and contact Citizens Advice (They now deal with Trading standards) and of course you are protected under the "Sale of Goods Act", which means once you have tried everything you can to rectify the situation with Sony (which it sounds like you have) they are obliged to either replace, or give a refund, If I was you I would take a refund and buy a Dell XPS. Cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I have to disagree for now sgdavies.

I think the member should at least wait until the escalation process that I have started for them has finished. :wink:

Also can we please remember to try not to insult the staff in your posts.

Any insults found will always be edited.

Jer419
Explorer

So Sony replied to tell me that since I was outside the 5 day period I should have notified them of a fault on return in that they want me to pay for it to be repaired. I have no intention of doing so.

Not only was I not informed of whe it was repaired or shipped, the address it was shipped to contacted me on April 8th to say they had received it, only four days ago.

This really is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with, and have made a complaint to the National Consumer Agency. 

What exactly does this escalation process entail? I have no wish to repeat the same tired steps as I have had to before. 

sgdavies

Jumpsuit, I guess the truth must hurt!, It is impossible to have a conversation with support or deal with them in any form, I tried trust me. I then complained, I got escalated , I wrote to customers relations nothing changed, I am sorry if you or the others there find my comments offensive, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, quesss what it is a Duck! And I am expressing my God given right to exercise freedom of speech and expression. If you do not like me helping people and telling the truth on this form, delete me.
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi Jer419 :slight_smile:

Escalation is something that Experts can do sometimes if we feel that something needs looking at again by those at Sony (for whatever reason.) It usually entails a problem being re-examined and Sony contacting you to discuss and hopefully try and rectify whatever it is that we feel needs extra help.

Experts don't work for Sony, we are all volunteers that give our free time simply to try and help others (and also have a bit of fun too :smileyhappy:) While the process can take a few days, I'm hoping that someone will contact you in the not too distant future. Keep us posted next week if you are contacted etc.

Thanks for the input sgdavies.

It doesn't hurt me, again I have to say I'm nothing to do with Sony :wink:

I'm not sure why you are so upset, I've left your post intact apart from removing a name you called the support staff. You aren't the first (oh and people have used worse) to have a word or phrase removed.

Sharleen Spiteri once sang "Well you can say what you want"  but I'd even have to correct her if she used derogatory names / phrases here. :yahoo:

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi @Jer419 

Can you please let me know your VAIO's serial number. I'll pass it on to the support team and you will be contacted asap.

Thanks.

Jer419
Explorer

Drewde - Serial number is *********** 

This is a different support team than those at the customer support email? 

Edit: I have sent your serial number to Drewde directly.