Join now - be part of our community!

Backlight Bleed?

DG55
Visitor

Backlight Bleed?

Hi,

I bought my sony FS about a week ago (fs215s), and I've been noticing what appears to be backlight bleeding.

When viewing a black screen in windows (e.g. screensaver) I get light which appears to be coming from the bottom of the display, and also some light at the top.

I've noticed that my taskbar is extremely bright in windows, and the start menu looks 'washed out'.

The only way I can fix this is in the nvidia control panel, by changing the colour correction and turning the brightness down slightly. However I still get the light on black screens from the bottom etc.

Is this normal? Can I get this fixed by sony? What could be causing this problem?

Thanks. Posted a link to a picture of the screen below.

http://www.unknownbeings.com/tom/DSC03191.JPGhttp://www.unknownbeings.com/tom/DSC03191.JPG

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Is that a shadow of you near the windows flag or is this the problem? If it is then call VAIO Link tomorrow morning

DG55
Visitor

The distinct dark patch near the windows logo is my reflection taking the picture. Sorry about that.

The problem is the light appearing from the bottom, and the lack of consitency in brightness at the top too.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Looks horrible for me. I agree with Kee-Lo. Call VAIO-Link.

TygerTyger
Visitor

The light at the top looks normal, the light at the bottom is far too much. Does indeed need repair.

DG55
Visitor

So will they probably preplace the screen for me?

The problem is that I cant send it off right now because im at university (college), and I need it to work on. Can I wait until chrismas time and then send it off on my holiday?

TygerTyger
Visitor

I think you have to report the problem now, but sending it off a later date won't be an issue.

DG55
Visitor

I queried this a few days ago through the e-support system, today they sent me the following reply -

"you case is now sent to out Technical Department for further investigation. "

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yes I think having it looked at is the best idea

Ravindra
Visitor

got my laptop 3days ago. that backlight bleed thing is normal, i have a brighter bulb at the bottom as well on my laptop although sony claim their lighting is even across the screen it isnt. all the laptops of this series have the samething, i dont think it can be fixed.