Join now - be part of our community!

Battery Discharges when not being used - SZ3XWP/C

Muttsnuts
Visitor

Battery Discharges when not being used - SZ3XWP/C

Hi, I am new to the forum and the world of Vaio, however, I have recently purchased my Vaio and thus far have had mixed views on it.

The problem I have at the moment is when I purchased the laptop I charged it up and obviously had a play etc, however, I noticed that the battery life does not meet with expectations.

I have done some tests and one of them concerns me, I charged it fully up and then left the Vaio alone for 5 days, I then switched it on and checked the battery after boot up - it was down at 48% and it had been switched completely off, not in hibernate, standby etc, but shutdown and disconnected. To me this seems strange given that its only about 2 months old now and I've only used it twice so far because of this problem.

If I put it in hibernate state and leave it for a few days then its completely flat and I have to connect it to the AC power, surely this can't be right?

Has anybody had this problem or is this normal?, or should I embark on contacting Sony and hassling them?

Regards

Dave

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Dave,

My 4 year old VAIO can keep it's battery power for 10 days - even now without being touched.

How long is the battery supposed to last normally?