Join now - be part of our community!

Battery Life on FS415E

Wez
Visitor

Battery Life on FS415E

Hello

I'm in the process of buying yet another battery, (2nd), for my FS415E in just over 18 months of owning the laptop - so this will be the third including the original. The first one I bought this year was off eBay only because it was cheap - so maybe I'm getting what I deserve!!

Some of the batteries I've seen on alternative sites are £150 for the lowest powered up to £250 for the 7200Mhz. I'm assuming these are Sony originals which the one from eBay may not have been!!

Can anyone suggest a decent site to purchase one from?

Also, I try and run the battery down to zero as often as possible and the fully recharge it before using it again, but since day one the battery use has been far from impressive. I've tried to extend the life of the battery when not connected to the mains by reducing screen brightness, stopping services that are not required, but is the poor battery life a 'feature' of this particular model? I know wireless tends to be a heavy power user, but I don't have enough space for a fully blown PC, so a laptop fits my life style at the moment.

I hope poor battery life is not a Sony thing as I like the products.

Any comments / help appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0