Join now - be part of our community!

Battery problem....Power supply problem, who knows?

cakezilla
Visitor

Battery problem....Power supply problem, who knows?

Hello folks, im hopin you can help a newbie with some Notebook niggles.

My PCG-Z1RSP notebook has decided that it will not work.

It was working perfectly the last time i used it, no shutdown issues, no problems whatsoever....

When i go to switch it on today, i get no connection to the power-supply.

I cannot switch it on.

It has not been in anyone elses company so no harm can possibly have been encountered recently either...

The power cable connection at the back had become loose recently but it was still working, sometimes i had to 'shimmy' the connection to make it work as if it was a faulty Walkman head-phone produced by Amstrad, but this was only once in a while.

The power-supply could be the problem but if it isnt and ive spunked big $$$ on a new battery and power-supply, and they are not the issue, im fiscally buggered...I do not understand how it can't recharge or do anything when it was working fine [plugged in] the last time i used it. The power-supply may be old because i purchased this unit off a pal at a marketing company that it used to be registered to...even so, whats the average battery life for a PCGA-BP2V battery anyway, a couple of months?

Hope yall can help.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

All the best for now.

cake

5 REPLIES 5
littlebucko
Visitor

hi is the light coming on on the power supply
and if not then you will need to repair it
(is it under warrante)
if not then if you go on ebay you can buy a new power slot for your laptop
this will clip onto the mainboard where the one that you have is now and will then clip into the power slot and that should with hope fix your problem

:pray: :four_leaf_clover:

cakezilla
Visitor

many thanks littlebucko, the power supply light doesnt come on no.

i dont have a warranty sadly...

so ya think the only way is to find myself a new 'power slot'?

i think the power supply [the actual bit were i pop the power supply in on the back of the unit] has become a bit wonky, it feels looser than it used to be....

is this 'power slot' usually just a single ac connection? thats how i usually power up.

do Sony laptops normally suffer from battery issues?

i dont understand how it couldve been working fine, then it just didnt....thats the bit that winds me up.

thanks again for your assistance and any further comments are more than welcome...

littlebucko
Visitor

hi cakezilla sonys dony usually have a problem with batteries no

the power supply its self should have a green light (if it has a light onit)
as this is to tell you everything is ok on the power side
if not try a new fuse

the power slot should have a little movement but not alot below is a few links of the types of power slots there is you may have to look at what connector yours is on your mainboard

a few links for ower slots

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-VAIO-VGN-A-SERIES-DC-SOCKET-CABLE_W0QQitemZ260158220693QQihZ016QQcategory...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-VAIO-LAPTOP-DC-POWER-CABLE_W0QQitemZ200153416959QQihZ010QQcategoryZ51162Q...

cakezilla
Visitor

little bucko, many many thanks for all your advice.

it has been greatly appreciated.

im not sure how this will pan out though....

littlebucko
Visitor

what are you confused about