Join now - be part of our community!

Battery problems

timdickinson
Visitor

Battery problems

Hi everyone,

A bit of background - I bought a Sony Vaio VGN-NR38S about 15 months ago and had no problems for about six months. I then began to notice a high pitched whining sound from the AC adapter box. I phoned support, and whilst they couldn't give a reason for the sound, they did promptly replace the AC Adapter. All was good, until...

Last month the battery just stopped working (battery VGP-BPS9/B). In Windows 7, the battery icon always says it has 93% charge and charging - but if you unplug the laptop the power completely shuts off. If it is unplugged, the laptop is completely unresponsive - no lights, sounds, nothing at all.

I have tested the connectors to the battery and the AC adaptor and both appear to be working fine. Is there anything else I can check?

The laptop is now out of warranty, but as the adaptor was defective, I thought this may have caused the issue with the battery. Would that be possible?

I spoke to support but they would like the whole laptop taken away to inspect, and I annoyingly have some research papers to write, so rather need my laptop at the moment - battery or no battery.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated,

Thanks

-Tim

0 REPLIES 0