Join now - be part of our community!

BIg problem with vaio pocket VGF AP1 [ENG/fr aussi..]

Amnesiac
Visitor

BIg problem with vaio pocket VGF AP1 [ENG/fr aussi..]

Hello all !
First of all, I want to apologise for my english, I know it's a pitty but.. I'll try to be clear as possible.
So I got a vaio pocket vgf ap1 and I have a serious problem. This afternoon, while I was liestening to music, my walkman get jammed.... I can't use any fonction of it, the power swich button is unusable too.
Do you know how can I do to make the power off without unseat my walkman ? Thanks a lot for your answers..

En français, c'est plus clair pour les franchouillards du coin ^^
Mon Vaio pocket, acheté il ya a peine 3 jours, s'est bloqué pendant que j'écoutais de la musique. Depuis, impossible de rien faire, même de l'éteindre.
Connaitriez vous un moyen de l'éteindre sans passer par un démontage hasardeux ?
Merci a vous :slight_smile:

3 REPLIES 3
nwcpn
Visitor

try sticking a paper clip or cocktail stick in the little hole underneath the VGF AP1 until you feel a soft "click".

Then try the power again - you will have to set the time and date again.

Please reply if this works.....

Amnesiac
Visitor

Hello !
I didn't have to try your solution because I wait the battery was low to take the power on and it works.
But if I got this problem anyway I'll try your solution and tell you if it worls. Thanks a lot for your reply !

mollsa
Visitor

I have had to use the 'reset button' several times (and also the Disconnect Battery method before I realised that reset wouldn't delete all my music)

Last night, turned the VP on there was no Audio whatsoever. Tried turning off and on but no luck, thought it might have been the headphones but it was the same on several sets. So I pressed the Reset and everything was fine again.

No major problem I agree, but should we be satisfied in having to acknowledge that pressing reset every month is part of owning a VP ? I have a Sony Cyber Shot camera, Mini Disk Player, TV, VCR etc etc etc and none have needed a reset at any point.

A couple of mates have the Ipod 4th Gen and Iriver H120 and neither have experienced a regular amount of resets - Its getting harder to keep the Sony Flag flying high !!!