Join now - be part of our community!

BIOS Error

Reddevil85
Visitor

BIOS Error

Since January I have a VGN-CR21S_W with Vista SP 1
Some days ago I got an announcement from the VAIO Update that there was a new BIOS version or update.
I downloaded it and installed it the way it was told.

Since yesterday every time a start my laptop I get a bluescreen after giving my password or opening the internet with a failure notice (every time another one). Eventually the all point to last installed hardware (the only thing I installed was the BIOS update)

Does anyone has kind of problem with these update or bluescreens and how to solve it and why is Sony sending this update if it has this kind of problem? :thinking:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Reddevil85.

What BIOS Version have you installed?

There have been no updates from Sony at all for your model since early 2010 and no BIOS Updates since August 2008.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
besbeqa20
Visitor

I have similar problem and yes it happened because we installed their bios firmware update and it screwed up 2 of my hard drives and that bios update caused massive problems to so many people when listen to their to disable peoples laptops so they have to go to sony to waste some money to fix our hard drives motherboards and bioses. I am very dissapointed from their problematic updates and will never buy anything anymore from sony. corrupted company who gives problematic updates to disable entire thousands of laptops to make them selves rich.

Message was edited by: rich912

Profanities removed.