Join now - be part of our community!

BIOS "upgrade" to a lower version[:((]

rolinux
Visitor

BIOS "upgrade" to a lower version[:((]

I "updated" my S2HP laptop to version R0071G4 only to find out too late that my laptop had R0072G4 version that was much better and quiter.
The huge problem is that Sony don't offer this version on their website and I don't know if I can my my "old" BIOS version on the recovey partition/DVDs .
I really don't understand how is possible to have on the internet an older version of the BIOS and that the upgrade tool didn't detect this problem.

Can Sony please offer this BIOS version on their support website or someone direct me to a trusted place where I can find the R0072G4 version of BIOS?

Thank you very much,
Radu

3 REPLIES 3
rolinux
Visitor

I "updated" my S2HP laptop to version R0071G4 only to find out too late that my laptop had R0072G4 version that was much better and quiter.
The huge problem is that Sony don't offer this version on their website and I don't know if I can my my "old" BIOS version on the recovey partition/DVDs .
I really don't understand how is possible to have on the internet an older version of the BIOS and that the upgrade tool didn't detect this problem.

Can Sony please offer this BIOS version on their support website or someone direct me to a trusted place where I can find the R0072G4 version of BIOS?

Thank you very much,
Radu

So nobody can help me? I hoped that support is very good from Sony.

Tks,
Radu

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Sorry, but I can't help you hear. And we have nothing to do with the Sony Support. I have no experience with BIOS backup. But what say the VAIO-Link to this problem?

And I wouldn't pay for any repair, because it seems that they haven't the newest drivers or BIOS updates on VAIO-Link.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yes it's definately one for VAIO Link