Join now - be part of our community!

Bioshock

unknownforce
Visitor

Bioshock

Hi - does anyone know why the sound of bioshock sort of crackles when i play. the res is fine, the game doesnt jump and my speakers play other media ok, but at some points it almost sounds as though the speakers are scratchy?

I have an AR31S

Also - is there a way of making the F keys do the clear windows and tile windows action, like on a mac

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
davemee
Visitor

Hi Unknownforce,

No idea why you're getting the crackling on the sound. Maybe the oven was too hot and you didn't remove the fat? :slight_smile:

I was under the impression that the AR31S drivers that are current are unsuitable for Bioshock (which has held me back from buying it). Did you do anything special to get it working?

As for your window question... the windows key and the D key, pressed together, will toggle all visible windows to minimise and back again. winkey-tab invokes the fairly useless window shuffle task switcher, but what you really want is Andrew Bao's Switcher: it's vista only and free, from http://insentient.net/

You can configure the bejesus out of it. Watch your eye!

unknownforce
Visitor

yo, yo, yo. thanks for that - great app.

the heat is certainly intense, man it is seriously one dark and intense game.

i downloaded an update from nvidia - it installed fine though.

bit hacked off with the lack of support available for this machine. only just bought, perhaps i should have stretched for the ar41s

as you have had for a whilke, are there any good tweaks for this baby - is it poss to add anymore ram?