Join now - be part of our community!

Blu-ray Disc Drive not recognised after new HDD install on XL202

bluetyler
Visitor

Blu-ray Disc Drive not recognised after new HDD install on XL202

I have just installed a 3rd HDD in my 202. Seemed to go perfectly well. Hooked up the SATA drive to the last SATA slot on the motherboard, rebooted and when installing through WIndows I was prompted me to select E: as the new volume label. Formatted and the HDD is working fine.

However, on trying to load a BD the slot drive would not accept the disc and when checking 'My Computer' I see the drive is not listed?

I checked all the connections and the BD drive is hooked up ok. Any ideas? Why is the drive not working? Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
bluetyler
Visitor

I checked the BIOS and the drive is not listed. (Could this be anything to do with the RAID configuration?)

I have now unplugged the newly installed HDD drive and basically returned the XL202 to its original state. However, the BD is still not seen !?!

Any suggestions?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bluetyler,

did you accidentally disturb any cables when you changed the HDD.. :thinking:

bluetyler
Visitor

Hi bluetyler,

did you accidentally disturb any cables when you changed the HDD.. :thinking:

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't touch the cables per say but after having inspecting more clsoely today I noiced the small board that has the SATA connection which is mounted at the rear of the drive has been pushed back slighty. Athough I took as much care as I could, it may have moved when I put the protetcive plate back over the top? I've gently pushed it back into place but I guess the connector/baord may have suffered some damge (although there is none plainly evident) as the drive is still not seen by the BIOS.

Looks as though I'll have to send it back for repair. (Of course the warranty expired on the 10/10/07). I'm hoping the techs can sort it easily as I'm pretty sure the drive its self should still be ok. Wish me luck!