Join now - be part of our community!

blu ray play back on TV

Girlie70
Visitor

blu ray play back on TV

I have a VGN FZ21Z and wish to hook it up to my tv to play blu ray discs via hdmi but it keep coming up with an error the TV is a new Sony. Any one know what I am doing wrong ?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Girlie70 and welcome to Club Vaio.

What does the error message say exactly?

I presume your WinDVD BD program is the latest version?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the club,
Your Nvidia should be auto detecting the TV on start up with everything pluged in even if the TV is off. If it needs more encouragement then see if vista cna manage to connect for you. Right click on your desktop >personalize>display settings>click on the '2' monitor and tick off attached. and set the resolution to 1067X720 for starters 1080 if your TV can handle it. Once your TV is working you can toggle using the function F7 to commit the Blu ray to play on that monitor. If not then in display settings tag off the 'This is my main monitor' and the blu ray will work and switch control back afterwards. Be careful not to play the movie till you have the settings right as the Blu Ray is glitchy and wmay not work but the latest upgrades have addressed this problem. Enjoy :slight_smile:

Girlie70
Visitor

Hi thanks for the reply. I worked out the problem - the blu ray was playing on both the laptop and the tv at the same time, giving me a copyright problem which stops you burning the disc. I changed the settings to play just on the tv and it works great ! For anyone else having the problem you need to access the NVIDIA control panel via the desk top and change the settings.