Join now - be part of our community!

BLU RAY UJ230 WINDOWS 7

profile.country.ES.title
jodelac2112
New

BLU RAY UJ230 WINDOWS 7

I have a VAIO VGN FW21-Z installed with Windows Vista and blu ray model UJ230 Matshita. I received the updated to Windows 7 from Sony but I can not install because I can not watch DVD or Blu Ray´s films after windows 7 upgraded installation from Windows Vista.

There it´s not firmware yet for update the blu ray for Windows 7 (it´s firmware upgrade 1.01 for Windows Vista but not for Win 7).

Some one has the same problem?

Best regards.

José Luis.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_IE.title
sonypass33
Visitor

I'm not sure what you're saying but if it's because you won't have the software to play after the windows 7 install there may be a solution.
Instead of doing a clean install (where you won't have Windvd to play blurays afterwards) do an upgrade, which keeps all your old programmes and files like they are now.

Don't know if that helps at all?

profile.country.ES.title
jodelac2112
New

I tryed to install windows 7 in differentes ways (upgraded from windows vista to win 7 sony dvd and clean installarion with Win 7 Ultimate original), including Intervideo WinDVD (with an updated software version 8.0.20.169 from Sony Vaio) and also with a software Cyberlink PowerDVD. The results in all cases are that computer works fine but it´s impossible to watch movies in DVD normal and blu ray. I think that Sony has to develop a firmware updated for the model MATSHITA UJ230 (version 1.01) as they do with the model from Matshita UJ130 (this model has a firmware version 1.01 for Windows Vista and version 1.02 for Windows 7).
Do you speak spanish?

profile.country.HU.title
zolkelem
New

Hi, I also have the same VAIO model (VGN-FW21Z) with Vista installed on it, and after reading these posts I wonder that should I try to change to Win7 at all...?!? Win7 is a better system than Vista but this forum is full of problems reported by users after changing to this new system. :(((
And unfortunately Sony doesn't take any responsibility about upgrading to Win7 if you (just like me...) had bought your very expensive (!) notebook before a given date and need to make a "clean install"... I'm very disappointed about that because I have bought my VAIO at the end of 2008 and I think this is not a far-far away date that I should be treated this way by Sony. 😞 My VAIO was one of the most expensive models by that time I bought it and it was just 1,5 years ago... And I should face to a number of problems now if I try to change to a better system - a system what is installed on all of the new VAIO models...