Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth adaptor problems VPCCB2M0E

Lynnsim
New

Bluetooth adaptor problems VPCCB2M0E

Hi, I am having problems connecting with the built in bluetooth on my laptop. I have a Vaio VPCCB2M0E using windows7 home edition (64 bit).

I noticed a yellow triangle in devices and printers and the troubleshoot program tells me that there is a problem with the Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth(R) Adaptor (Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)). I have tried several things to fix this but nothing has worked.

- removed and reinstalled both the driver and adaptor (both automatically and manually installed)

- right clicking on my device and then clicking on bluetooth settings. I have noticed that the checkbox next to 'Turn off the bluetooth adaptor' is always checked. I uncheck and apply and go back into the settings and it is checked again!

- opened 'services' and ensured that both the bluetooth driver and adaptor are set to automatic.

- tried to access bluetooth through vaio smart network or vaio control centre. Neither were installed on my laptop so I downloaded them from the sony website. The smart network installs but does not open; the control centre won't install because it is incompatible with my operating system?!

The wifi switch is on and wifi works fine. Occasionally a bluetooth icon appear in the system tray (bottom right) but it is red and just disappears if I try to turn the adaptor on by right clicking.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Maybe another bluetooth driver/adaptor rather than the generic microsoft one I have?

(I am not particularly computer savvy so please be gentle with any help!)

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
Lynnsim
New

I probably should add that I was given the laptop by my Dad and, as far as I am aware, he completely reinstalled the operating system and drivers using recovery disks that he made. So it was a clean install when I received the laptop.