Join now - be part of our community!

bluetooth sound disables loudspeaker usage

Celona
Visitor

bluetooth sound disables loudspeaker usage

Hi, I have a VGN CS11S and ever since installing a bluetooth headset I can only get the sound from that source. If I don't have the bluetooth to hand I can't get the sound to come out of the pc loudspeakers nor through normal plugged in headphones. How can I resolve this so I can switch between the two at will? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Celona,

Try going to Control Panel -> Sounds, and on the playback tab right click Speaker/HP and select ‘Set as Default Device’.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Celona
Visitor

The bluetooth device is the only one showing on that list. Under device manager I can find bluetooth but on realtek high definition audio it says I have no device installed. If I go to 'driver' to update it says that I have everything I need.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Right click anywhere on the Playback tab window and check ‘Show Hidden Devices’ and also ‘Show Disconnected Devices’. Are there then other devices listed?

If that has no effect then you may need to update the driver for the Realtek device but NOT by allowing the wizard to take control.

Click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager.

Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers – double click Realtek High Definition Audio Click and on the Driver tab click 'Update Driver'

Select ‘Browse my Computer....’

Next ‘Let me Pick from a List...’

Click ‘Have Disk’ and browse to the location of your Audio drivers – possibly C:\Drivers\Audio. If not you can download from here:

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-CS11S_P

Select the Setup.ini file and continue. Hopefully this will install the correct drivers...

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Celona
Visitor

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I hope that when I find my bluetooth that I can get both things working as and when I want them. Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're very welcome Celona :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat