Join now - be part of our community!

BluRay 3D VPCF21Z1E

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Psych3
Visitor

BluRay 3D VPCF21Z1E

Hi there folks!

I got this laptop last summer and ofcourse i wanted to format the disk and have it my way of choise and build up in Windows.

But when I did that, of course everything got deleted, such as drivers and all functions.

I've been trying to get all the drivers and functions back, and it seems like I got it all, almost all.

The function buttons over the keyboard (ASSIST - 3D - VAIO) wont just work... And I've been trying as much as I can..

I want to look at 3D-movies but haven't been able to do that since that day.

I also got some problems with "Bassystemenhet" (Swedish for Base System Unit).

Now it seems like the blu-ray player isnt installed either, so now I check this forum for help!

So, could anyone help me with this issue? What do I need to get it all fixed again?

And, of course I've been looking at http://www.sony.se/support/sv/product/VPCF21Z1E_BI/updates

But I just can't figure it all out :(.

Greatfull for all help I can get!

Thanks, Viktor.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.sv_SE.title
Psych3
Visitor

The question is not answered.

I accidentally pressed the text that said the question is answered.

profile.country.ro_RO.title
SonyVAIOf
Explorer

i have the same problem. I have this notebook for 4 years and I have a problem with my BR Disk, 

What can we do ? 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

@SonyVAIOf,

you can recovery from disk partition, press ASSIST after boot and follow the procedure.
Probably the BD Drive is ok but the System not... At the support page for this notebook there aren't driver for the optical disk.

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Recovery Area is used to restore your computer back to its original factory condition. You will loose all your data and App...

Manolo

SonyVAIOf
Explorer

I did reinstall windows 7 three times, still not working. And what strange is, I come back from my vacation, the notebook was as I left it, on my desk. When I turn it on, disk drive was disappeared 1700 € notebook, without the EXPENSIVE BD Drive. I already have burned all my stuff on BD Disks.
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

"I did reinstall windows 7 three times"

By recovery partition (Sony), DVD/USB created from VAIO Care (Sony) or Microsoft DVDs?

In the 3° case, maybe is a not correct install driver procedure.

If is an hardware problem you can search a replacement didk drive from distributor EET Europarts for you model:

http://it.eetgroup.com/Guide/Search?query=vpcf21z1e

Manolo

SonyVAIOf
Explorer

I only reinstall Fron RP from Sony

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

In this case, I think it's an hardware problem...

Manolo

SonyVAIOf
Explorer

I was afraid of that. 

Cheap products offered at a higher price. 1700 EUR and for what ? I have this notebook from 2012 and i had so many problems with it, i just can not remember all of them :slight_smile:

I will sell it on <Edited by moderator> Ebay and buy me an Apple.