Join now - be part of our community!

broken charger port - only 5 months old

profile.country.en_GB.title
leanneg28
Visitor

broken charger port - only 5 months old

Not sure if anybody can help me with this but the charger port on my Sony Vaio is not working properly. The charger seems to be loose and it is not charging the laptop unless I physically hold it in.

As the laptop is less than 6 months old I got in touch with laptops direct where i purchased the machine, only to be told i would need to deal directly with the maunfacturer. Now three weeks have passed with various emails passing between Sony and I, and tey are refusing to fix the laptop under warranty. Apparently this counts as physical damage, though the laptop has always been treated with care and I would say it is a problem with the manufacture of the machine.

I feel quite disgusted with the way Sony's customer support team have treated me, not calling when they say they will, taking a long time to reply to emails etc. I'm really not sure what my next step should be, I don't want to get the laptop repaired myself as I feel that it should be repaired under warranty.

Is it worth pursuing this in small claims court?

One thing I have learned, neither I, nor my friends and family will be making a purchase from Sony again! My cheap Samsung laptop last 4 years with no problems whatsoever, I can't believe this much more expensive Vaio is falling apart after 6 months!!

0 REPLIES 0