Join now - be part of our community!

Built in motion eye camera on Sony Vaio VGC-LV1S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rayminch
Visitor

Built in motion eye camera on Sony Vaio VGC-LV1S

I cannot figure out how to get the built in eye camera to work. It used to a couple of years ago. I have updated the drivers. In the device manager imaging devices it shows Sony Visual Communication Camera and 'This Device is Working Properly'. Operating system is Windows Vista. I wish to use the camera with Skype but when I go into Skype and select video settings it says 'Video source isn't delivering the stream in the correct format' The webcam selected in here is AVerMedia Capture. Is there anything obvious I am missing? Can I test / turn on the camera without using Skype?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rayminch
Visitor

Hi, thanks for that. In the drop down menu there is not a selection for Sony Visual Communications Camera. But it looks like choosing USB Video Device instead of AverMedia Video in the 'Select Webcam' dropdown has sorted the problem out. Good clear picture now. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

In the drop down box in the Skype video settings is there not an option to select the Sony Visual Communications Camera?

You do not want the AverMedia video input as this is the TV Tuner!

:thinking:

rayminch
Visitor

Hi, thanks for that. In the drop down menu there is not a selection for Sony Visual Communications Camera. But it looks like choosing USB Video Device instead of AverMedia Video in the 'Select Webcam' dropdown has sorted the problem out. Good clear picture now. Thanks again.