Join now - be part of our community!

BZ11XN Cant install software after XP downgrade

Vivaciti
Visitor

BZ11XN Cant install software after XP downgrade

Hi everyone, Just got a new laptop, and after getting rid of Vista and going back to XP, love it to bits.
OK, As a techie, I thought I would make a change and follow the instructions, so before the downgrade I make my recovery disks.
Did the downgrade and all is well.
So now I want to re-install the software that came pre-installed on the laptop (mainly for the DVD playback)
Followed instructions at http://kb.sony-europe.com/KB/Solutions/EN/V00000_V00499/V00185.html

So got out revovery disks poped disk one in, and it gave a changewindowmessagefilter could not be located in user32.dll

Now I guesed this was an error as the disks were created using vista and this is XP, so I explore the disks looking for a software folder to install the software, but there is not one on either of the disks.
So how does one install the pre-installed software now it has been downgraded to XP?

Cheers in advance

Karl

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Vivacity and welcome.

Unfortunately, you can only use solution V00185 if you are using the original Operating System. That solution assumes your Vaio came with XP preinstalled and you want to reinstall one of the original applications while still using the original OS.

As far as I am aware, you cannot load the original Vista preinstalled software if you change the OS to XP. One big disadvantage of downgrading to XP.

:slight_frown:

Vivaciti
Visitor

OK, I will have to restore to vista, transfer the program and details, go back to XP and restore and repair (it may work with some time :slight_frown:
Got another question.
I brought this laptop from PCWB as a clearence, as someone had brought it, changed their mind and sent it back (so I got it cheap :smileygrin: )
On the bottom, there is the windows vista logo, but there is a bit that looked like it should have had another licence sticker that looks like it's been removed. Can anyone tell me what should be on the base of the BZ11XN?

Cheers
Karl