Join now - be part of our community!

Can Any One Help!!! Sony Vaio VGC-LN1M

profile.country.en_GB.title
keiwoolg
Visitor

Can Any One Help!!! Sony Vaio VGC-LN1M

I have a Sony Vaio VGC-LN1M all-in one computer age 2years, I live in a sea side village, and not so long ago we had a power cut wale i was using the PC, when the power came back on my computer Screen didn't?

I now just get a blank/black screen and the fan next to the power button on the top right hand side go's at full speed, Dose anyone know why my srceen no longer works or what i need to do to fix the problem,

phoned Sony for help but the chap didn't have a clue what was wrong with it.

Many Thanks for any help would love to get it working again. Keith

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
mithcd
Visitor

It is possible that this is damage by the power surge. Try to do a hard reset. Turn it off, take off the batteries, looks for a smal hole for a paper clip to fit in, poke it for ten seconds then power it on.

Hope this helps. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

keiwoolg
Visitor

Hi mithcd,

Thanks but it's a desktop all-in-one Computer / TV, so i dosen't have batteries or a reset button,

Also has no power going to the USB ports,

But Mnay Thanks Keith

Message was edited by: keiwoolg

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Keith and welcome.

Sadly it sounds like something has been damaged in the Power Board Circuitry that will need an engineer to look at it and repair if necessary.

All you can try yourself is to disconnect from the power socket overnight and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.  This may help if it is a static electricity problem but I am not optimistic.

You can find a Sony Service Partner by entering your postcode and then choosing Vaio Computer here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

:thinking:

keiwoolg
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Many thank for your help and advice, I was told the same thing by a nabough of mine after i had an  engineer in to look at it, he took it away and after two week's brought it back to me saying that it needed a new motherboard,

this after they had tried a new HDMI board in the computer, he never mentioned a power board problem, don't think he had any idear what was wrong with it, which also go's to show that we should all be carefull who we use to fix our computers as the total bill came to £250.00 an no workng computer.

Will order a new power board today and have it fited,

Many Thanks Again Blencogo

Keith