Join now - be part of our community!

Can anyone help with my Sony Vaio screen?

profile.country.en_GB.title
monidipa
Visitor

Can anyone help with my Sony Vaio screen?

I purchased a Sony Vaio (Model VGN-CS3AGH) in August 2009. A few months later my laptop screen started displaying a small line towards the base. Very foolishly I ignored it until the warranty period elapsed. Then slowly the lines started inceasing and took over nealry the entire screen. My screen started flickering as well. I had no other option but to get the entire screen replaced at a cost of 170 pounds.

Now some flickering lines have started appearing again at the base of the screen. Could anyone guide me as to what the problem is and what could I do about it. The warrantly period for the new screen was 90 days, and I am no longer covered by it. I had purchased my laptop in India but got the screen replaced in UK. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out!!

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It does sound like a hardware problem with the LCD panel.

To make sure, try attaching an external monitor and see if the problem is displayed on the monitor.  If yes, then try reinstalling or updating the graphics driver.

If no, try opening your Vaio in Safe Mode - is the same problem displayed.  If yes, you will need to get an engineer to look for poor contacts or a failed screen/inverter.

:thinking: