Join now - be part of our community!

Can I upgrade the graphics card in my PCV-RX301?

MDH
Visitor

Can I upgrade the graphics card in my PCV-RX301?

:smileyconfused:: I need to upgrade my card to GeForce 4Ti or Radeon 9200 if possible to play some games. At least GeForce 2/ Radeon 8500 is needed. Anyone know if I can upgrade or is it all stuck together on one board?

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Tom,

In that case it would have been better to build his own rig :tongue:

paddy_uk
Visitor

You're right there Kee-Lo! By the time you throw out the MB, sort out new graphics & all the rest, he would have been better just building one himself.

I always tell people to think about that they (& those who will use it) want to use their PC for. Then you can get a good idea of the specs you will need. If you buy the first one you see it will haunt you! I always build my own desktops, but laptops are different story as you know mate.

kee-lo_

I always tell people to think about that they (& those who will use it) want to use their PC for.  Then you can get a good idea of the specs you will need.  If you buy the first one you see it will haunt you!  I always build my own desktops, but laptops are different story as you know mate.

Hehe I say the same thing - some guy in my street wants one for office work, so he went and got a £1500 3Ghz Geforce5 200GB with DVD writer! He only uses Word LOL

robpaxton
Explorer

He'll need that for Word 2004 :wink:

kee-lo_

hahaha probably.

paddy_uk
Visitor

Slight overkill for using Wordpad! You could be right about Word though as it loves as much RAM as you can throw at it ... ... .. ....almost as muchg as Sony animated wallpaper loves eating CPU usuage! :wink:

kee-lo_

Haha yeah, it's like no limits.