Join now - be part of our community!

Can;t find bluetooth in my VGN-C1S - please help!

rudeboymcc
Visitor

Can;t find bluetooth in my VGN-C1S - please help!

Hi. i just got a brand new vgn-C1S with windows media center installed. everything works fine but the bluetooth. I don't even know if it has it but it's anew laptop so i think it should and i can see there's a light for it.

When I turn the wireless switch on, the wireless works fine, and in the taskbar there's a green box that says LAN. The manual says through this box you can enable bluetooth, but when i double click it there are two options, enable 2.4ghz and enable 5 ghz. Nothing with the word bluetooth but is 5 ghz bluetooth?

I've tried enabling/disabling both but the box never changes to blue and bluetooth never turns on.

Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi rudeboymcc

Unfortunately only the VGN-C1Z has built in bluetooth,

If you want bluetooth capability you would need a bluetooth dongle something like this.. :slight_smile:

rudeboymcc
Visitor

that's a shame! i've had loads of sony vaios and they all had bluetooth. SR31k (first with bluetooth, t1xp. why did sony leave out bluetooth? i guess now i'm gonna hev to spend more money on something that sticks out my laptop and will annoy me forever!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I guess it's down to cost as the C1Z is a £100 dearer than the rest of the C1 range.. :thinking:

dani2xll
Visitor

i can also see this bluetooth light beside the wlan display. If its there how come we are unable to access it?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dani2xll ,

I guess the all the Vaio's in C1 series use the same case, therefore the bluetooth light will be present even if the hardware isn't.. :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I guess the all the Vaio's in C1 series use the same case, therefore the bluetooth light will be present even if the hardware isn't.. :slight_frown:

Ouch that's not cool :triumph: