Join now - be part of our community!

Can´t find CD to install VAIO-394L battery

profile.country.en_GB.title
paulindr
Visitor

Can´t find CD to install VAIO-394L battery

Hi.  My original Sony Vaio-394L battery is 100 percent dead.  I bought a new one but someone misplaced the installation CD.  I know I need the CD as I need to follow instructions and presumably may need some software updates.  Trouble is, I cannot find ANY downloadable info such as the correct Installation CD or a PDF.  I can´t even find info specific to the 394L model; the laptop was purchased from a legit shop so IS an original SONY and the model numbr is from the manufacturer´s label under the laptop.  Can anyone point me to instructions on exactly how to replace the battery plus links to pertinent software upgrades I have to install?  Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi paulindr,

The reference you are quoting is not the product model. If it has PCG-394L on a sticker  on the underside then it is possibly a VGN-FZ series - have a look on the screen surround. Once you have located the correct model number you will  be able to download any available updates from  the support site.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

Regarding the battery, if this is a genuine replacement no software install is required and no software will be found on the Support site. Some foreign imports require a BIOS tweek - do this at your peril as they have been known to brick Vaios...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat