Join now - be part of our community!

Can you purchase a Vaio Recovery disk separately?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
davidkp
Visitor

Can you purchase a Vaio Recovery disk separately?

Hi guys,

This is probably a silly question but I couldn't find any concrete info on the subject, in fact even the people in the Sony Store weren't able to advise me either!

So basically what I need to know is can I purchase the recovery disk for my VGN Vaio as the I had to replace my dead HDD and now need OS and drivers etc - figured it would be a lot easier (and cheaper) if I could get my hands on a recovery disk rather than sourcing the OS and drivers from elsewhere.

I've spent the last 2 months trawling through all my drawers and boxes looking for the original but I cannot find it anywhere, so I'm not even sure I got one to start with? :thinking:

If anyone knows where I could get one that would be great - preferably in the UK too.

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: davidkp

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi davidkp,

Yes, you can purchase a set of recovery discs from Vaio  support, which should allow you to restore the original Vaio supplied OS  and applications..

You can find the contact details for vaio  support by either clicking  Support at the top of this page or by using  the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then next Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch.

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi davidkp,

Yes, you can purchase a set of recovery discs from Vaio  support, which should allow you to restore the original Vaio supplied OS  and applications..

You can find the contact details for vaio  support by either clicking  Support at the top of this page or by using  the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then next Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch.

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

profile.country.en_GB.title
davidkp
Visitor

Awesome, thanks Thalamus!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome David..:smileyhappy:

nabil.blue
Explorer

In case you need to order something, first make sure you have your VAIO model and serial numbers at hand. (How to find my model and serial numbers?)

Then, according to the warranty status of your product

• Out of warranty: buy the parts from our approved partner: EET Europarts.
  • NOTE: Any purchases made from third parties will be subject to the seller’s terms and conditions. Please check with the seller for details. Sony bears no responsibility for the content of third party websites or purchases made from third parties.

• How to use the EET Europarts website to find your discs or spare part

1. Type your model or serial number in the search box
    2. 115105_EET_searchbox.png
    3. Select your model from the search results
    4. Select a category from the CATEGORIES filters on the left pane. For recovery discs, select Manuals/Tools/Software
    5. 5555.png
    6. Select the item you are looking for, and press BUY
    7. Click on YOUR BASKET in the upper right corner
    8. Select PROCEED TO CHECKOUT, fill in your details and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the order
nabil.blue
Explorer

In case you need to order something, first make sure you have your VAIO model and serial numbers at hand. (How to find my model and serial numbers?)

Then, according to the warranty status of your product:

NOTE: Any purchases made from third parties will be subject to the seller’s terms and conditions. Please check with the seller for details. Sony bears no responsibility for the content of third party websites or purchases made from third parties.

How to use the EET Europarts website to find your discs or spare part

1. Type your model or serial number in the search box
  2. Select your model from the search results
  3. Select a category from the CATEGORIES filters on the left pane. For recovery discs, select Manuals/Tools/Software
  1. Select the item you are looking for, and press BUY
  2. Click on YOUR BASKET in the upper right corner
  3. Select PROCEED TO CHECKOUT, fill in your details and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the order
nabil.blue
Explorer

Then, according to the warranty status of your product:

NOTE: Any purchases made from third parties will be subject to the seller’s terms and conditions. Please check with the seller for details. Sony bears no responsibility for the content of third party websites or purchases made from third parties.