Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot create recovery media! Help!

SOLVED
profile.country.da_DK.title
kkcooler
Visitor

Cannot create recovery media! Help!

Hi guys!
I have a Vaio VPCF12M1E but am experiencing a very frustrating problem!..

I went to the Sony store where i bought it, and unfortunately they couldn't help me fix this problem.

My problem is simply that i am not able to create the recovery media.

My system is fully functional and i have 4 dvd discs ready to do the job, but every time i enter the vaio create recovery media, it gives me these errors.

Firstly it will give me this, even though i have a dvd in my drive:
Error1.png
After that I will click the "OK" button and press cancel to get back to the vaio care menu.

Then I will enter the create recovery media AGAIN, where as now I am able to click "Next":

Error2.png
But when i click 'Next' this last error occurs:

Error3.png

And finally when I click "OK" and try again it will crash the whole vaio care program, and try to shut the program down.

I really hope it's possible to fix this, because I wouldn't want to see the whole system go down, without me being able to restore it properly.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Good point westantorp - thanks for posting.

Any virtual disc software will interfere with the process.  Daemon Tools, MagicISO, MagicDisc and other virtual disc programs of this sort should be uninstalled before making Recovery Media.

:wink:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi kkcooler and welcome.

I see there is an update ver 6.1.2.07220 for Vaio Care available for your model - have you updated your Vaio?

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCF12M1E_H

What DVDs are you using?  The favorite is usually DVD+R and a good make like Sony, Verbatim or TDK.

If different DVDs and running Vaio Update fail to solve the problem, then you will need to contact Vaio Support for advice (or a set of discs). 

In the event of system problems, you should be able to recover your system direct from the hard drive Recovery Partition.  You only need recovery media in the event of a hard drive failure.

kkcooler
Visitor

Hey Blencogo!

Thanks for ur help so far!
I have actually been using the Verbatim DVD+R 4,7GB.

And I had my vaio care updated to the newest version.

Just to make sure, i followed ur link and downloaded the update. (as well as the vaio event service update)

No changes though.. :slight_frown:

I can't figure out why just this function is working at all..  And why does it say "Recovery Media not included with your computer"??? as in picture #2.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds like a phone call to Support on Monday.

The only other thing I can think of is to check the DVD drive is working.  Can you read or burn other CDs and DVDs?

Check in Device Manager that there are no yellow ! errors against your drive in the DVD/CD-ROM section.

:thinking:

profile.country.sv_SE.title
westantorp
Visitor

Hi

I had same problem as you.I had magicdisc program installed in my vaio.I unistalled it and every thing is working perfect.So if you have any kind of this program uninstall that.

good luck!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Good point westantorp - thanks for posting.

Any virtual disc software will interfere with the process.  Daemon Tools, MagicISO, MagicDisc and other virtual disc programs of this sort should be uninstalled before making Recovery Media.

kkcooler
Visitor

It worked!!! thanks a lot Westantorp and Blencogo! :smileygrin:
I knew it would work, posting it here.

Now i can create backup!