Join now - be part of our community!

cannot update vaio update

profile.country.en_GB.title
mgread1200
Visitor

cannot update vaio update

Hi I have vaio vgn-fw11m running vaio update 3 which when run will update to version 4 then I am prompted to update again to version 5 which does not install just a message saying vaio update was not updated and the software is gone altogether. I can reinstall from the vaio recovery centre but then I am back to version 3. Any help please

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think I would try the manual route.

1. Go to Control Panel -> Programs & Features and uninstall ALL versions of Vaio Update.

2. Go to the downloads page for your model and download Vaio Update 5.1.1.04090 from HERE: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/info/info.aspx?l=en_GB&url=VAIO/Updates/EP00002...

3. Double-click on the downloaded EP0000221850.exe to run it

4. Reboot when the update has run.

Good Luck

:wink:

mgread1200
Visitor

reinstalled version 3 then uninstalled it from controll panel rebooted installed download version 5 and all looked good even got the messag finished installing vaio update on your pc but nothing there even after reboot nothing listed in the controll panel either, this is strange

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Look in the folder C:\Program Files\Sony

Does a folder for Vaio Update 5 exist?

:thinking:

mgread1200
Visitor

non that I can find, the only thing I notice after I have tried to install update is that the pc takes a lot longer than normal to reboot it's doing something on shut down that takes minutes