Join now - be part of our community!

Cant get my Esata port to work on VPCEC2S0E

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
momartin1
Visitor

Cant get my Esata port to work on VPCEC2S0E

I recently did a clean install on my sony vaio VPCEC2S0E, and since then i have problem after problem with different softwares / drivers.

I have an Esata Hard drive, which i am hoping to use, but for some reason i can not get my port to work, i have gone on the website to download original drivers for my laptop, but i have not had much success with installing very many of them, for example i cant install vaio event service (that controls some of the fn keys) and i also get problems with trying to install setting utility series for my laptop.

The main problem is the Esata port, that i need to get working.

if you could leave some feedback on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

(Also when i try to choose my username for this forum, it wont change no matter what, it wont change from my default username: @9553349302019712 if you could help me with this too it would be appreciated) - This has been changed manually, thanks to rich912 :slight_smile:

Thanks

Message was edited by: momartin1

Message was edited by: momartin1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I’m unsure of the diver that needs to be installed for Esata but your problems with Vaio Event Service and Setting Utility Series may be because you have not installed the SFEP driver (Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device). This needs to be installed from within Device Manager by updating the driver and pointing to the downloaded file SFEP.inf. Once installed correctly you then need to install the following utilities in order.

Setting Utility Series

Sony Shared Library

VAIO Event Service

VAIO Control Center

I suggest that you then try installing all of the remaining drivers and utilities and let us know of any that you get stuck on. If there is no Setup.exe within the downloaded folder you need to update the driver from within Device Manager by pointing the wizard at the relevant .inf file within that folder (Don’t allow the Wizard to search – use the Have Disk method).

The problem with strange numeric user names is being addressed by Sony. Hopefully this will be resolved in the near future….

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
momartin1
Visitor

Anyone?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I’m unsure of the diver that needs to be installed for Esata but your problems with Vaio Event Service and Setting Utility Series may be because you have not installed the SFEP driver (Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device). This needs to be installed from within Device Manager by updating the driver and pointing to the downloaded file SFEP.inf. Once installed correctly you then need to install the following utilities in order.

Setting Utility Series

Sony Shared Library

VAIO Event Service

VAIO Control Center

I suggest that you then try installing all of the remaining drivers and utilities and let us know of any that you get stuck on. If there is no Setup.exe within the downloaded folder you need to update the driver from within Device Manager by pointing the wizard at the relevant .inf file within that folder (Don’t allow the Wizard to search – use the Have Disk method).

The problem with strange numeric user names is being addressed by Sony. Hopefully this will be resolved in the near future….

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
momartin1
Visitor

I already have SFEP installed to my laptop, with the latest version, the problem is, is that for setting utility series, it says it has already been installed even though it hasnt been installed. i cant do anything to try to see if i can get vaio event service to work yet until i have sorted out the sony utility series problem.

thanks for your input though, i hope that i can fix the vaio event service and esata port soon.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have you tried uninstalling Setting Utility Series via Programs and Features in Control Panel before trying to install?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
momartin1
Visitor

Thats what im saying 😕 there is no program in the program and features... there are no registeries saying it is installed... nothing in program files either.

i have no idea what is going on

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I have no idea what is going on either, but having just read through your other posts on this subject I have a feeling that your best option is to purchase a set of recovery disks from support and use these to install to factory defaults.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
momartin1
Visitor

Has anyone else got any ideas on how to sort out my esata port problem? thanks in advance