Join now - be part of our community!

Cant Restore To Factory Settings.

flannybhoy67
Explorer

Cant Restore To Factory Settings.

Hello,

I have been having troubles restoring my PC back to factory settings, I purchased the All-in-1 Sony Vaio Touchscreen over a year ago and its going slow and I need to bring it back to life so went to factory restore it and when I press f10 it says bootmgr is missing and when I try to do a clean install nothing happens.

My PC is not that old and its bugging me that I cant do the factory restore.

The Model number of my PC is VPCL13M1E/S

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi flannybhoy67,

welcome to the Sony User Community forum..

Did you create a set of recovery disc's.?

Does the following guide help.?

Recover.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi flannybhoy67 and welcome.

Evening Thalamus - you beat me to it!

I don't like not having the option to delete my own post!

:cry:

flannybhoy67
Explorer

Hi and thanks for the help but I tried that and when I press f10 several times it says bootmgr is missing. 

I went out and bought new dvds so I could try and burn a system repair disk but it says I need a blank disk and it is.

No I did not burn a set of recovery disks.

Thanks.

flannybhoy67
Explorer

Maybe this is why?

My Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H ATA DEVICE is not working properly, it reads disks but nothing shows up, its like it fails just before, I have tried the fixitforme thing by microsoft and i have tried going into device manager and unistalling the device and that didnt work then I also tried the regedit and the upper and lower filters were not there so I dont know what else to do.  If anyone would like to help me try and fix this fault it would be so much appreciated.

Thanks.

flannybhoy67
Explorer

I think I need an update for my drive it is the Optiarc DVD RW ad-700H ata device I cant seem to find an update anywhere

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi flannybhoy67.

There are no firmware updates for the DVD SuperMulti drive on the support website for your model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCL13M1E_S/updates

As you have other problems with the recovery software, have you changed anything on your Vaio?  Are you using the Original Sony version of Windows 7 or have you changed the Operating System?  Have you installed ALL the available software updates available under the Windows 7 Latest Updates section at the above link?

:thinking:

flannybhoy67
Explorer

I have changed the OS because about 6 month into when I purchased the machine I had a virus and done a clean install but had to download a copy of windows 7 because it didnt come with a cd and yeah I have downloaded all drivers and software and updates