Join now - be part of our community!

cant stand vista no more!!! HELP MEE!!!

sfaragher
New

cant stand vista no more!!! HELP MEE!!!

Just got a PGN-FE48E off my insurance company as a replacement after a break in. I only had a crappy fujitsu siemens so I thught Id done well except for loosing all my data!! but this new machine has Vista...yeah looks nice.....doesnt run Premiere or Photoshop or Audition or the drivers for me printer so basically I have a machine I can use MS office on and surf the Net and thats about it. Am I missing soemthing here or is Vista this useless?

I was thinking of installing XP but I dont think there ara ny drivers for XP for this machine.

Can anyoen offer any help with this one, I am even considering flogging ti on ebay adn buying an old xp machine......

Are there patches, or does anyone know how to load XP on this model.

I am a man of infinte tolerance but this is really peeing me off

6 REPLIES 6
Freestyle6383
Visitor

I use vista on both my vaio laptop, and my desktop and both run audition, photoshop fine. Audition runs with desktop compisition disabled but runs perfectly fine.

What version of audition are you using?

MattWilson
Visitor

Just got a PGN-FE48E off my insurance company as a replacement after a break in. I only had a crappy fujitsu siemens so I thught Id done well except for loosing all my data!! but this new machine has Vista...yeah looks nice.....doesnt run Premiere or Photoshop or Audition or the drivers for me printer so basically I have a machine I can use MS office on and surf the Net and thats about it. Am I missing soemthing here or is Vista this useless?

I was thinking of installing XP but I dont think there ara ny drivers for XP for this machine.

Can anyoen offer any help with this one, I am even considering flogging ti on ebay adn buying an old xp machine......

Are there patches, or does anyone know how to load XP on this model.

I am a man of infinte tolerance but this is really peeing me off

Audition 1.5 or 2.0 works fine except it changes the colour scheme to vista basic. No biggy just no 3d flip until you close it again.

Here is a list of programs and there Vista Compatibility.

:slight_smile:

sfaragher
New

what about premiere the lsit in wiki says photoshop and pemeiere whoudl work but they dont they jsut stop loading no error messages audition stops after an error message saying that the colour scheme is wrong.

think I'll flog it on ebay and get an xp model

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Photoshop definately works for me, although Idon't use Audition.
Stick with it if you can. Its taken me a while to get to grips with the intricacies of Vista, but now I have I am actually a fan.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Are there no patches on Adobe.com?

MattWilson
Visitor

When installing them right-click on the installer -> properties

change the compatibility to XP SP2.

The colour scheme should just change for audition and it should continue to work. Its just not compatible with the trasparency because of the way it is written.

:slight_smile: