Join now - be part of our community!

Categorising Files on the Pocket

TimForster
Visitor

Categorising Files on the Pocket

Hi all,

Has anyone got any idea of how to categorise music files AFTER they have been imported onto the Pocket ???

I really don't want to re-import over 3.5Gb of files again !!

Cheers
Tim

5 REPLIES 5
Akanksha
Visitor

Hi, I know this isnt what you want to hear but I read other people on this forum moaning that they werent able to sort them once imported.
Although as I said I dont any experience on this and this isnt definitive, but just saying so you have an idea.!

chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi, I use the NW-HD1, I think it has a similar user interface, unfortunatley it cannot be updated unless its connected to the PC, Sonic Stage does everything alphabetically, so you do need to ensure that all song info is right before you even rip the CD!

I have had to re transfer to my HD1 6 times after updating all the various artist songs from mix CDs, trust me 19 Gig takes a lot longer....

C

TimForster
Visitor

Hi,

Thankx for the responses. It's a real shame that there isn't a way of categorising songs once imported.

Oh well, I guess I will be re-importing all the tracks again !

Cheers guys

Tim

digweed
Visitor

Hi,

Thankx for the responses. It's a real shame that there isn't a way of categorising songs once imported.

Oh well, I guess I will be re-importing all the tracks again !

Cheers guys

Tim

There is a way - I've done it. Give me a few days to recap and I'll Update.

chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi, It is possible to transfer 1 album back to the PC from the device, then do your editing and retransfer.

If you use the Groups menu the retransfered album will be at the bottom & not in alph order,

Hope this helps

C