Join now - be part of our community!

CD/DVD drive Toshiba SD2502 problem. Won't play DVDs

CSR
Visitor

CD/DVD drive Toshiba SD2502 problem. Won't play DVDs

HELP! I have a Vaio FX-301 and since upgrading to win 2000 my CD/DVD drive (Toshiba SD-2502) will nolonger read DVDs.

Error message isa/low video memory, b) Another application is currently using the neccessary display resources., c) The display adaptor is incompatible with the DVD decoder.

Everything was perfect under win 98! Toshiba say it could be a mismatched Chipset Driver.....where do I get a matching one?

Any thoughts PLEASE!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

All what you can do is checking for driver and/or BIOS updates at VAIO-Link.

http://www.vaio-link.com/index/index.asp?l=en

CSR
Visitor

Thanks for the info. However, the latest BIOS update from Sony is 1999! (I have flashed a more recent and more stable version (R0121K5). And as for drivers.....................I have reinstalled them dozens of times to no avail. No firmware updates can be found.
Thanks

Chris R

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Looks like a downgrade to Windows 98 now. Sony seems a little lazy about driver and BIOS updates. :smileymonkey:
May you should start to safe for a new Computer.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Silly question really, but you have been looking at the Win 2000 DRIVERS ?

There is an BIOS upgrade dated October 2001 (R0104K5) and an updated Video Chipset driver 5.00.2195 with the same date.

I'm sure you have looked at these but I thought I would mention it !

:wink:

EDIT: Sorry, the link was to the XP Drivers - I have amended it to the Win 2000 drivers.

:smileyblush:

CSR
Visitor

Thanks for you suggestions. The BIOS update is very old and is not a very stable version. The one I have flashed is very good and much more up to date. The video driver is already installed.

So, it looks like no joy and I think I will need to get a replacement DVD/CD player (Tosh SD2612 perhaps).

If anyone out there can still answer my original question regrading mismatched chipset drivers I would be very grateful.

Thanks chaps