Join now - be part of our community!

change the OS langue or interface

dr.ranaa
Visitor

change the OS langue or interface

Hello , i have purchases vaio VGN-SZ2M/B from spain, the OS is win xp home, i asked the seller about the possiblity to change the interface to english and he said its possible but you have to contact sony in your country as i donot live in spain, so when i came back to finland where i live i asked sony finland and they said that is not possible, you have to have a new OS installed, so i made a recover 2 dvds as a back up, and i tried to upgrade to xp home but as the language is differnt , it asked me to make a new istall, supurrisngly i have a version of win xp home in english and when i installed it as aclean installthere were 3 partions in my hard disk, one was with no letters i think it is for the revoey part then C and D, so i chosed the C and deleted the files and installed the windows using the serial number that came with the spanish version under the laptop and the pc accepted it, even i was able to register it in microsoft wab and activate too, the problem i faced is the preinstalled software so i downloaded even thing from vaio europe web like presinstalled hardware and utilities , there was no problem with the drivers but the software like click to dvd refused to install by reciving a message stating that pc is not vaio!! so i started reading about how to recover original programs using the PAC method but it didnot work. also the original programs like recovery software, adobe , wallpaper screen saver ect, wasnot recoverable ,my question is how to do it with installing an english version and having it in english as a factory preinstalled software , because not all software or untilities are found on sony weband even the wallpapers is there a way or i have done a mistake at ceertain stage. I thought of other option if i upgrade to xp porffesional in spanish lague with out doinf clean install so i donot loose the original contents will i be able to use the multilingual interface and use the english interface, looking to hear from you sooon pls
regards

0 REPLIES 0