Join now - be part of our community!

Charger port repair

0611hh
Explorer

Charger port repair

Hi Guys,

I have sony vaio fit 15 E laptop and I am having problem with charger port.

It has gradually became looose and it will charge the battery if I keep it in certain position.

I have to struggle every 5mins to find that position.

I contact sony care, they asked me to send photos of dc outlet which i sent.( I have attached those photos here.)

They said something covering prongs has broken and repair will be chargeable although I am under warranty.. I have always taken good care of laptop and I dont see anything broken here.

Please have a look at photos and comment if there is anything broken you can see.

I feel that they even dont want to have a look at the problem.20150707_101916.jpg20150707_101935.jpg20150707_102120.jpg

1 REPLY 1
FayStam
New

My laptop is a Vaio fit 15. I have exactly them same problem now! I must keep the charger in certain position too. It also gives me the messege 1) not charging or 2) plugged in not charging. I didn't know what to do. Vaio service here in Greece sent my laptop to Belgium in order to fix other software problems. The service was unacceptable! Now I don't want to send it back. Please tell me more about your problem! Did you find a solution?