Join now - be part of our community!

Clean install of XP on Vaio VGN-T2XP Can't get Audio working

matd
Visitor

Clean install of XP on Vaio VGN-T2XP Can't get Audio working

Hi,

Having experienced a lot of errors relating to BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER BSOD, usbuhci.sys and ialmrnt5 errors in Windows XP using the factory installed edition of XP i decide to do a clean install of XP from CD.

The laptop appears to be a lot more stable now apart from me having to go through the very labourious task of installing all drivers and just the apps and utils that i need.

The main problem i am having relates to the Realtek HD Audio driver.

Whenever i try and install it, the setup tells me :

"Microsoft Bus driver should be loaded in your system before installing Realtek HD Audio driver !"

I have installed the Chipset drive and also a couple of Microsoft hotfixes, noteably KB835221 and kb888111 but i still can't get the audio driver to install.

I have tried the original audio driver, the updated audio driver from the vaio support site and even the latest Realtek audio driver direct from their website and i'm still getting the MS bus error and the install just fails.

The onboard sound chip is working fine as it worked when i used the factory restored install of XP.

Any ideas please?

10 REPLIES 10
matd
Visitor

Well thanks for not helping me further!

I've been working in the IT industry for over 15 years and i can say without question that the t2xp was the most unreliable laptop i've owned and i just could not make the thing stable, i tried everything and got no help here.

It's now the new owners problem as i sold it on eBay!

I won't be buying another Sony Vaio!