Join now - be part of our community!

Click to DVD BD update Saga - VAIO AR-41S

Niska
Visitor

Click to DVD BD update Saga - VAIO AR-41S

Hi,
At each connection to VAIO update - web support, it says update available to Click to DVD 3.0.20.17080.

I did download the file: SOACTB-01526802-UN.exe During install a popup states that I already have the latest version, indeed I checked my version of the software: it is 3.0.24.11200

I click Ok to continue, there is some file movements then a second popup states: "The version of Click to DVD BD present does not meet this setup's minimum requirementss. This installation requires 3.0.00 or later."

Wow ... this is confusing !! and meanwhile the Click to DVD BD update option stays on my (refreshed) VAIO update page even if I delete SOACTB-01526802-UN.exe from C:\Update.

I wish I could post captured .jpg images of these messages/popup's but I can't figure how. If I click the Image button on this Post New Thread window, it does not allow me to points to an image file on the HD even if a message says so. If you tell me how I will to clarify my description of the problem.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Niska,

did you install the Click to DVD BD 3.0.24.11200 update before trying to install the older Click to DVD BD Update 3.0.20.17080.?

If so then I expect that's the reason why the older version will not install.. :thinking:

FYI click the following link to view a guide to posting an image: [GUIDE] How To Post A Screenshot

Niska
Visitor

I can't remember if I ever updaded Click to DVD BD. Until now I only installed what was proposed to me by the upgrade page so I think my VAIO had this 3.0.24.11200 version from the day I got it and the "update available to Click to DVD 3.0.20.17080" is there still nagging me since a couple of months ago.

Now I just wish I could get rid of this update "offer" .

Thanks for the link on posting an image ..... but it's not exactly has I see it if I want to follow the steps:

1) Write your post as usual ... just did it above
2) click box: I would like to attach a file .... done it... nothing happens
3) but now I can't see where I could click on "Post New Thread" while I am still in the Reply To The Post window. This option is not available to me. Am I suppose to click on "Reply to the post" below ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the link on posting an image ..... but it's not exactly has I see it if I want to follow the steps:

1) Write your post as usual ... just did it above
2) click box: I would like to attach a file .... done it... nothing happens
3) but now I can't see where I could click on "Post New Thread" while I am still in the Reply To The Post window. This option is not available to me. Am I suppose to click on "Reply to the post" below ?

Hi Niska,

Click reply to this post.

Then type your post, when finished place a tick in the box next to I would like to attach a file (point 2), then click the reply to the post button. (ignore point 3)

Once the box appears prompting you to Choose a file to attach (point 4), click on the Browse button and navigate to and click on the image file you wish to upload then click on the open button (point 5)

Finally click on Attach File and wait for the post to upload.

Hopefully your image should appear.. :slight_smile: