Join now - be part of our community!

Closed lid while monitor is turned on...

patonios
Visitor

Closed lid while monitor is turned on...

Hi there,

I would like to know if it is harmless to have my lid closed while my vgn-sz1 vaio is running. Is there a possibiliy of overheat problems if i do this or while playing music when the lid is closed?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi patonios,

I think there would be heat issues if you tried to run your Vaio with the lid closed.

As your vaio's speakers would be then be inside the closed laptop, the sound quality would be very poor unless you intended to connect your vaio to an external set of speakers.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

What Thalamus said really, some fans are near the speakers too

patonios
Visitor

Thanks once more for your immediate answers.

So you suggest me even if i have a projector connected and external speakers (so that both my monitor and speakers wont work) to keep my lid open because of possible funs near to the speakers. i'll follow that advice cause i love my vaio :wink: .

Thanks again.

p.s How can you answer so quickly you are 24h a day connected??? you are doing great job here.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi patonios,

You're welcome, :slight_smile:

Yes I think it would be wise to leave your notebook open even when connected to a projector and external speakers..

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

p.s How can you answer so quickly you are 24h a day connected??? you are doing great job here.

LOL no, I do a round once a day, usually in the afternoon or evening. Rich and Thalamus usually do more rounds than me these days, I try to concentrate on problems where no one has found an answer yet, as the rest of the masters do a good job on the other questions