SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
gematti99
Visitor

Complaint - Case ID

To whom this may concern,

REF: Case ID
SONY MODEL: 'VPCF11X5E', SERIAL NUMBER:

This is the third day that I have been in touch with you over three faults with our Sony Vaio laptop. I was promised two call backs, which never happened. I am constantly chasing you to get this case resolved. This is a business, and this laptop is an essential part of our business.

Fault 1 - The Vaio is overheating, the fan is always on full power - this is not normal, and quite frankly it is dangerous. It is loud. The system is becoming very hot, and worst case it could start to melt the surrounding bezel/framework and possibly cause a fire. It should be recalled immediately as its honestly not safe.

Fault 2 - The left mouse button on the track-pad is not working - it is intermittent. You have to press the button really hard to get it to work - this is not normal.

Fault 3 - The leather material on the front of the laptop surrounding the track-pad is peeling away from the bezel at the front of the laptop. I have already sent you a photograph of this. This may be due to the overheating issue, I don't know - but this isn't the build quality I would expect from Sony.

You have informed me I now have to pay to have the item collected and repaired, yet - nobody mentioned anything about paying to have these issues fixed - now you're telling me this - after holding me for over 10 minutes on a 35p per minute customer support telephone number. I paid £1.647,00 for this laptop when I purchased it directly from you in 2010. Only 2 years later it has incurred 3 faults - not including the speaker fault which occurred in the first month of having the laptop, so 4 faults in total. Do you think this is acceptable? If it was your Laptop would you want more than two years use out of it before it fell apart? I know I would!

This is extremely disappointing. Just as our company was considering investing in some new Sony all-in-one PCs for our office, I think we will need to reconsider unless you resolve this promptly.

I would like:

1) You to collect this Vaio laptop from us as soon as possible.

2) Repair the three faults out of goodwill - since there is obviously a serious manufacturing fault here.

3) Return the laptop to me in a working state with the mentioned faults fixed.

I do not expect to pay. If you insist on me paying, myself and my company will not shop with Sony ever again. I will also advise other companies and suppliers that we deal with on a regular basis of the very poor service we have received from you. You have the option of changing this - repairing our Vaio laptop at your expense, which is the very least you can do, considering the above. The ball is in your court.

I will await a response from you.

-- Kind regards,  Jeffrey 

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Removed the serial number and case number in order to protect the users information and prevent other people from using it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jeffrey,

I've been informed that Sony have been in contact & hope that you are happy with the outcome..

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi gematti99,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..

You may not be aware but this is a user forum & as such Sony staff do not tend to read or respond to posts here..

However I have forwarded your comments above onto one of our contacts in the hope that someone will contact you to discuss your problem..

Also as this is a public forum it may be worth you editing your post to remove your case number, serial number, etc. 😉

profile.country.ru_RU.title
alexrz
Contributor

All the faults you are complaining are sure due to overheating. You're using the device for more than 2 years, right? So it is very possible that the cooling system of your laptop is just full of dust and it screams to be cleaned. Maybe thermopaste needs to be changed too. This is usual every year (+-) prophylactic actions for any laptop of any manufacturer (for our money:smileywink:). Just try to do following - buy compressed air for laptops and blow it through the cooling grill but don't forget to turn over the laptop before(!). If it helps a bit your device is dusty inside and it would be better to visit RS to clean it and change thermopaste.

Good luck!

gematti99
Visitor

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

Please ask them to contact me to resolve this issue asap.

Regards,

Jeffrey

Edited for personal details

profile.country.ru_RU.title
alexrz
Contributor

gematti99 wrote:

Hi,

You said to visit RS, what is RS?

Regards,

Jeffrey

Hi,

Sorry for missprint, not RS:smileyblush:, AR athorized repairer. It seems to me that "insides" of your laptop just need

to be cleaned. It's very common problem when that dust in the cooling system causes overheating. And the fault isn't covered by warranty.

Alex

Edited for personal details within quote

gematti99
Visitor

Hi,

You said to visit RS, what is RS?

Regards,

Jeffrey

Edited for personal details

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

gematti99 wrote:

Hi,

Please ask them to contact me to resolve this issue asap.

Regards,

Jeffrey

As I said I have passed on your comments, hopefully someone will be in contact before the weekend but if you've not heard anything by mid week please let me know & I'll try to chase it up for you..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jeffrey,

I've been informed that someone from Sony tried to make contact today but that you were unreachable & that they will try again on Monday..

I'm guessing that they are using the contact number that you used when regestering your Vaio, if this number is not the best daytime one to use please send me an alternative via PM & I'll forward it on for you..

Click to Send Thalamus a PM

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jeffrey,

Again Sony have tried to reach you using the phone number I guess you used when registering your Vaio, if this is not correct please let me know or amend..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jeffrey,

I've been informed that Sony have been in contact & hope that you are happy with the outcome..