Join now - be part of our community!

Complete System Restore Failed

profile.country.en_GB.title
JordyVaio11
Visitor

Complete System Restore Failed

Hello, I have had my sony vaio for just over 4 months now, it has been everything i have expected and met all my expectations, a great bit of kit, until recently...

I was browsing the web then my vaio was suddenly popped up an error message then blue screened, it then continued to bluescreen at logon i tryed everything in my ability to solve it, luckily it was near enough brand new so i had barely filled the hard drive, so i decided to do a complete systen restore after the rollbacks would not work.

Then i encountered a big problem, I have an error at the windows setup, when on "Setup is preparing your computer for first use" Screen, I get this Error Message:

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart computer, and then restart the installation"

I have tryed restarting it but still the same message, i would appreciate some help with this as i am going to work away soon and i need my laptop asap, thankyou.

Other Details;

Laptop: VPCEC2S0E/WI

I did not create recovery disks.

Operating system was pre installed also.

Thanks, Jordan.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jordan,

Have you followed the procedure in your Recovery Guide?

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/RecoTS/2010Q2_TRG_EN.pdf

It sounds like the Recovery Partition has become corrupt or your hard drive had developed a fault.

I would contact Vaio Support and arrange for a quick repair.

:wink: