Join now - be part of our community!

Computer freezes when i watch a video, and make horrible noice

profile.country.da_DK.title
keerthikan
Visitor

Computer freezes when i watch a video, and make horrible noice

when i watch a video on my laptop with/without accessing the internet it will play the video for 2-3 mins approx. and freeze on me while making a horrible noise which is the words from the video being played slowly (Ex: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Naaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee Iiiiiiiiiiisssssssssss BBBBooooooooBBBBB)
i can only stop this by shutting it down manually or wait 5 min. approx. how can i resolve this?

I have a Sony  VPCEB1S1E

3 REPLIES 3
keerthikan
Visitor

Can anyone help my.. Even sony won't help me ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi keerthikan.

Why are Sony unable to help?  Who have you spoken to?

It could be many things but I would suggest you try the following: -

1. Check your Hard Drive and your DVD Drive are using Ultra-DMA Mode (Direct Memory Access) rather then PIO Mode which channels all data through the processor.  Go to Device Manager -> IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers and check the Primary Channel is showing U-DMA for both devices.

2. Are all drivers and software up to date - particularly the graphics driver?  Have you run Vaio Care to check the health of the system?

3. Does the Vaio get hot when playing Video?  Download a program like Everest or PC Wizard which will show you the temperature of the CPU under load.  Is the fan noisy?  You may need to clean out the air vents which may be blocked with dust.  You are using the Vaio on a hard surface like a desk - not using it on a soft surface like a bed which will block the air vents.

:thinking:

keerthikan
Visitor

It's not in particular during watching movies.. I happens randomly.
I downloaded  a program which is checking if my drivers are  up to date. So far are non of my drivers up to date, eventhough vaio care says it is.

My computer has been sent to service 3 times, for 3 different problems. But aren't able to find the solution to freezing thing, because it happens randomly.