Join now - be part of our community!

Cosmetic Problem but still worrying !

profile.country.en_IN.title
prajain5
Visitor

Cosmetic Problem but still worrying !

Hi Friends,

I have a VAIO VGN-FZ35GN model It is made up of Die-Cast Magnesium body, meaning the Keyboard area, the palm rest area, Hand Rest area are all made up of Die-Cast Magnesium body. Now my question, though a little cosmetic one still it worries me as I am hoping to keep my Notebook in pristine form. What can I do to avoid this, If I rest my hand or palm on the palm rest area while typing it creates impressions on that area of having used it, like the image and impression that creates after persistent use of any product which happens generally because of sweat and dirt. I dont wanna that to happen, now the only option to avoid it is change the way I type and not rest my hands atall on that area but that kind of makes typing cumbersome what can I do? Will rubbing and cleaning that area with clean dry, cloth once ina while remove those stains.

So what I wanted to know was this hand impression that gets created on the palm rest area near  the key borad on the Die-Cast Magnesium body is it like a permanent impression or will it go away with some rubbing and cleaning.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: prajain5

Message was edited by: prajain5

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

It all depends on what makes the palm rest look different - additional, missing or changed material.

Anything that sits on top of the palm rest - like stickers or drops - can come off. The trick is just to use the right measures to avoid that you damage the palmrest itself.

Anything that sits in the palm rest material itself won't come off. That is not only scratches, but also wear and tear from the (minimal) friction of normal touching and all the components of sweat. Sweat plus grit makes a great sanding effect.

If you are worried about dirt and sweat getting into the material, I'd say protect it with an adhesive layer that you don't care about and won't have problems to remove if needed. Screen protectors meant for smart phones or PDAs come to mind, since those are meant to come off without damaging the surface undernearth.