Join now - be part of our community!

Crazy cursor settles ON letters rather than BETWEEN letters

profile.country.en_GB.title
lothringer15
New

Crazy cursor settles ON letters rather than BETWEEN letters

For some time now,when eg searching for something on Googlethe cursor does not behave normally . Instead, it settles ON  a letter rather than between letters , and deleting predictably, becomes impossible. Even thissentence was difficult to do correctly  as you ca n se. e. Spaces  seem to appear at random.

Any advice gratefully received.

Lothringer 15

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi lothringer15,

Are you using the touchpad or an external mouse?

If the former have a look in Device Manager under Mice and other pointing devices - do you have a pointing device listed or a PS/2 compatible mouse listed? If PS/2 compatible mouse then you will need to install the correct driver - come back for further instructions if necessary.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
lothringer15
New

Dear Rich912

Thanks for getting back. The computer is a VAIO standalone with a Logitechwireless mouse.OOPS, note the ongoing problem. Te cursor is now lagging about FOUR spaces behind the text, making any correctionproblematic [again]. I have just now reverted to the original Vaio mouse [cordless] but it has made no difference.

Unfortunately my expertise does  not extend t  o the meaning of  PS/2 - perhaps you could advise?

Lothringer 15 [Thanks]

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi lothringer15,

I should have noticed that you posted in the "all in one" section so forget about the pointing device comments.

It would be helpful if you could open Device Manager, expand Mice and other pointing devices and post a screenshot.

Also have you explored the advanced options for the mouse in Control Panel? Try turning off any features that may possibly be causing this problem - I don't have a wireless mouse attached so not sure what you will find, but experiment ....

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat