Join now - be part of our community!

Create recovery disc: error 705

profile.country.sv_SE.title
knight88
Visitor

Create recovery disc: error 705

Hey I bought my VPCEB2S1E for my sister recently and wanted to created a recovery discs set. But with all attempts, they failed with the same error (image attached). The first disc creation went well, verifying was ok also. But when it told me to put in the second disc as soon as I put it in I got an error. I tried 3 times with different discs, 2 other trademark discs and a Sony DVD+R as advised after reading the forum. No deamons tool, antivirus disable, fresh reboot. I spent money and time for nothing I'm very frustrating. Plz Help!

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would contact Vaio Support and ask them to send you a set of Recovery Discs because you have done all that is possible to create a set without success.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
thanley2001
Visitor

Had the same error with friends VPCEA 1S1E wasted 6 DVD-R's and 3 DVD-R dual layer disks...  anyways after much scratching of head and numerous disabling of all virus and anti spyware software.. I booted in to safe mode.. created disk 1 again and with the prompt that tells you to label the disk still on screen I put the 2nd blank disk in and waited 10 secs for drive to read it.. then clicked on the ok button did the same for disk 3 and it worked..  it seems that the error pops up if you click ok and then put the disk in as the recovery software tried to write to the disk at the same time as the laptop is trying to read and determine the type of disk inserted..

hope this helps..