Join now - be part of our community!

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED BSOD when upgrading to Windows 1709 - VGN-FE11S

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED BSOD when upgrading to Windows 1709 - VGN-FE11S

Hi all,

I was wondering whether you could help, basically I am trying to upgrade my VGN-FE11S from Windows 10 1703 to Windows 1709 but blue screens with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED which everytime this happens I have to force the laptop to power down and to boot it back up in order for it to revert the installation. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim

P.S. When I upgraded from Windows 10 1607 to Windows 10 1703 I lost a lot of driver support which now the laptop is using the Windows basic drivers and have to use a wireless dongle in order to connect the laptop to the Internet, anybody else experienced this issue too?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

I am facing the same issue. I search on google and found one working guide which can solve critical process died error

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi timauluck,

Thanks for your message. We are looking into this and one of the team will get back to you shortly.

Best wishes, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @timauluck - it sounds like it might be worth getting in touch with Microsoft support about this (if you haven't already of course).

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Hi @Pascale_F,

Thank you for responding to my forum thread, I look forward to the team's response.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Hi @cass_n,

Thank you for responding to my forum thread, I'll get onto Microsoft Support via live chat regarding this issue and to keep you all posted.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Hi all,

I thought I would keep you posted of what Microsoft Support advised me to do. Below is a response of what they advised to do.

""To help you fix this issue, we can perform system scan check to get to the root cause of the issue, we can then perform troubleshooting steps like " Clean Boot " and " In-Place Upgrade " processes. If you can still access the computer, if now, we can perform a System Restore or Custom Installation to reinstall Windows ISO in your computer while you are saving your files.""

I am still in the process of testing this and will continue to keep you all posted.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Update

I have updated my solution via this link https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/pcs-accessories/bootable-windows-10-media-for-vgn-fe11s/m-p/2406451#....

Regards,

RocknRollTim

I am facing the same issue. I search on google and found one working guide which can solve critical process died error

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Hi arnoldsmith007,

Thanks for sharing your solution as a another solution to this problem. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

P.S. Driver support is still limited but I am currently still using workarounds to get around these issues.