Join now - be part of our community!

damaged bios...

Cozzy
Visitor

damaged bios...

Hi,

I stupidly interupted a bios update on my Vaio AR21S, now It will not start, Anyone know where to download the bios and install?...

Adam

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the forum,
tap f1 or f2 on startup and go to advanced>Last known good configuration and try the bios update again...without interuption :wink:

Cozzy
Visitor

Hi Tony,

I can not get that far... The screen is just black, nothing. I beleive I need to download a bios and try to make a boot cd that will install it?

littlebucko
Visitor

best thing to do m8 is on a diffrent computer go onto this link this is all the settings in order that you need to do (i hope to god u made a recovery disk) this is for your model and then pop the disk into your laptop and see if it works if
if you carnt do it then its work for the sony technicians

this is your instructions

Cozzy
Visitor

Thanks,

But guess what... no recovery disk. I had looked at those instructions but thought there may have been another way.

Adam

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

You'll find the bios and files you will needhere

littlebucko
Visitor

hi tony they arnt on that as he needs the disks

adam best thing to do before you send it
go on e-support and ask if they can send you the bios in an email

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Yes, littlebucko is right - contact Sony before you do anything else.

It is likely that your CMOS chip will need reprogramming or replacing and this is best done by Sony.

:wink:

Cozzy
Visitor

Thanks Guys,

Have logged a call with Sony so will see what comes back.. Thanks for your thoughts.

Adam

Cozzy
Visitor

Just for anyone with the same problem, Sony had to take it in to rebuild the bios... Apparently nothing I could do to fix it.

Moral ?? Read the instuctions and DON'T power down whilst updating the bios...