Join now - be part of our community!

Damn This Display! (RZ104 with LCD SDM m81)

911JOE
Visitor

Damn This Display! (RZ104 with LCD SDM m81)

Really annoying problem. I am using an RZ104 desktop (although I am sure its not a fault with the desktop) with a sony display TFT SDM-M81. The monitor works for general use. But I like playing lots of audio tracks and have a visuliser turned on to full screen. When I attempt this the visulaiser splits half way up the screen (ie but at the top rest at the bottom) The only other time it does this is at boot up when the SONY logo and Windows XP logo appears. I have tried this with the visualiser in Windows media and iTunes software. Have tried various screen settings (this may work very tempoarily) have checked drivers, etc.. but cannot fix. Visualiser works fine at all other times but not in full screen. Tried it on a dell PC and same result. I am using an anolouge cable, if I switched to DVI to DVI cable would this reslove it? HELP PLEASE!! :cry:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

The reason this happens is because the display resolution is changed when you turn the visualisation to full screen. If you can, adjust the screen mode used by the visualisation to match your normal screen resolution.

There is no fault with the TFT display.

911JOE
Visitor

Thanks very much Rob, seems obvious now, will give it a go!

Regards, Joe

Danuk
Visitor

I have the same problem as this although only noticed it on start up , my question is how do you sort the start up screen out. I think it is set to auto at present.

Dan :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

If your BIOS supports it then you could set the display mode to 'Stretch'

If it doesn't support it then you just have to put up with it.