Join now - be part of our community!

DDR3 Upgrade capabilities - VAIO SVF1521A2E?

SOLVED

DDR3 Upgrade capabilities - VAIO SVF1521A2E?

I have the current default of 1x4GB@665Mhz and a spare slot. What are my upgrade options (frequency, size et.)

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi kriptikchicken,

According to the Sony SVF1521P2EB specifications your vaio has 1 slot with 4GB of RAM installed & supports a maximum of 8GB. The RAM in your Vaio is a PC3-12800 NON ECC So-DIMM module..

Crucial.com's memory advisor, a forum favourite supplier, states your Vaio can support a maximum of 12GB & recommends the following compatible upgrade

If you want to check this you can also download & run there System Scanner tool

However it would have to be your choice if you choose to exceed Sony's maximum supported RAM amount..

Sony have a guide on how to Add RAM in the user guide - Available HERE , a copy of which is below..

RAM1.jpg

RAM.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I believe Crucial has a system scanner tool that will inform you of your options.  See HERE

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi kriptikchicken,

According to the Sony SVF1521P2EB specifications your vaio has 1 slot with 4GB of RAM installed & supports a maximum of 8GB. The RAM in your Vaio is a PC3-12800 NON ECC So-DIMM module..

Crucial.com's memory advisor, a forum favourite supplier, states your Vaio can support a maximum of 12GB & recommends the following compatible upgrade

If you want to check this you can also download & run there System Scanner tool

However it would have to be your choice if you choose to exceed Sony's maximum supported RAM amount..

Sony have a guide on how to Add RAM in the user guide - Available HERE , a copy of which is below..

RAM1.jpg

RAM.jpg

Excellent answer, 'Thalamus' - Thanks. :grin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome kriptikchicken..:smileyhappy: