Join now - be part of our community!

Deleted by error bundled software ArcSoft Companion3 on VPCM12M1E Netbook. Can't find it in VAIO Recovery Centre to reinstall.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Silversurfer42
Visitor

Deleted by error bundled software ArcSoft Companion3 on VPCM12M1E Netbook. Can't find it in VAIO Recovery Centre to reinstall.

By mistake I uninstalled ArcSoft Web Cam Companion3 which was part of the original bundled software on my Sony VPCM12M1E Netbook. In "VAIO Recovery Centre" under "Reinstall Programs and Drivers" there appears to be no mention of this program. Anybody know where I can find it in the "Recovery Centre" so I can reinstall and get my integral web camera back in working order.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Silversurfer42.

There are some programs that can only be reinstalled as part of a full System Recovery back to factory condition.  Third party software providers will not allow installation except as part of the Sony software package.

If you don't want to carry out a system recovery, the other options are: -

1.  Do without - the camera should still work with other software like Skype or other IM programs.  It is just the ability to capture and edit images and video that you will lose.

2.  Buy another copy of ArcSoft or any other webcam software utility software.

3.  Google for a free copy of ArcSoft Webcam Companion - some older versions may be available free.

4.  Try the Sony USA website and search for a similar model which may have the Arcsoft software available for download.  I have had a look quickly and have found a Windows 7 64-bit version available fot the VPCE series models.  I think you need a 32-bit version though.

Good Luck

:thinking:

Silversurfer42
Visitor

Thanks for your quick reply and the information regarding bundled software sometimes not being separate from a full recovery.  Also the other options to consider. After searching the internet I was thinking that the only way out of the problem was to do a system recovery. As I only use this computer for holidays e-mails etc is not a big problem as long as all goes well on a recovery. I will do more research and look at the suggestions you made and let you know the results. Thanks again.

jamessmithonlinenow
Visitor

You may simply install it by using system restore. Visit restore and backup and choose a restore point that you did the uninstallation. Visit here to read more about system restore http://www.techyv.com/questions/system-restore-option-windows-7