Join now - be part of our community!

deleting the recovery

orlyuk
Visitor

deleting the recovery

i want to try and delete the recovery partion, so bascily i have the whole hard drive usbaly, how ever i dont really know how to do this, any ideas?!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Make at least two sets of the Recovery Discs if you want to delete the Recovery Partition.

Your Vaio will be returned to factory settings and software - so back op ALL your data. You will have to reinstall all Updates and Software.

Go to Start -> All Programs -> Vaio Recovery Tool -> Vaio Recovery Utility. Choose Recover My Computer and choose the option to Change Partition Sizes.

You have the choice of Deleting the Recovery Partition and resizing the other partitions - or even deleting the D:\ partition altogether.

Make sure you make the Recovery DVDs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

orlyuk
Visitor

thanks in the end i just formatted the hard drive, an to be honest its working really well, expect im having problems trying to find all the drives and stuff!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi orlyuk,

Did you create your recovery DVD's before you formatted your Vaio..?

You can download the pre-installed Drivers & utilities from Vaio-Link..:smileyhappy:

orlyuk
Visitor

no i didnt make and vaio back up cds, i didnt see the need to as i think all the vaio stuff is usless

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Good luck, I hope everything goes smoothly..:smileyhappy: