Join now - be part of our community!

Desktop annoyance...

Damien
Visitor

Desktop annoyance...

Quick question for you...which I am sure will be sorted very quickly with the expert advice from this forum..(creep creep)

On my PCG-K115S, whenever i startup, the 'quick launch' function on my desktop toolbar keeps disappearing. I've tried locking and unlocking the toolbar, but neither seems to have any effect. Whenever I switch off the machine, then put it back on, quick launch has gone, and i need to bring it back up again.

I know this is a very minor thing but it is VERY annoying as i'm always using quick launch icons as their much quicker/easier.

I did have a problem before where a 'Search Assistant' kept displaying, but a system scan with Spybot, removed a minor 'virus' and it went away...
I have done a few system scans with Norton, Spybot and Ad-aware and all are now clear...but still the 'problem' is there.

Any ideas??

Cheers...
Damien.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Try this Damien

Start->Run->SFC /Scannow

Damien
Visitor

It came up...cannot find 'SFC/Scannow' makesure you typed the name correctly...

kee-lo_

There's a space

Damien
Visitor

Okay...done it...it took a while, and said it was checking all windows files were okay.

When it had finished nothing came up, the progress bar got to the end and that was it....do i take it that it means everything is okay?

kee-lo_

Its a case of waiting and seeing if the problem does persist

I hope it won't :pray: (persist that is)

TygerTyger
Visitor

Go to Microsofts site and search the community forum (it's called something else I forget what) for the problem. They are very good at finding a solution for Windows quirks.